Cow Chop has a lot of history with actual sponsorships as well as implication with trying to earn a sponsor. Other than a shoutout or acknowledgement by websites and/or companies that are aware of Cow Chop, the YouTube Channel has real endorsement by different organizations.
Cow Chop has a familiarity with receiving and giving recognition to certain companies and brands to earn a sponsorship. This is mostly due to Aleks and James joking that they should earn money for talking about a specific product from a company. The current and familiar sponsor of Cow Chop is the partnership with the American Production Company, Rooster Teeth. More specifically, they are attached to the gaming branch known as Achievement Hunter(More specifically the "Let's Play Family" portion). This tie-in with the Achievement Hunter mainly derived from the partnership of when Aleks and James were with their former employer (Also Polaris but not anymore).
Due to their "Rooster Teeth FIRST" Partnership, Cow Chop has their own Rooster Teeth Show titled as "Class of 198X" that had been officially announced during on Cow Chop's Twitter as well as BEACHES AND DRAGONS .
List of Sponsors and Mentioning/Endorsements
Rooster Teeth is of course the main sponsor and partner of Cow Chop. They provide the market store for the YouTube Channel's merchandise and also give recognition to the Channel by having them attached to Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Family as well as connecting Cow Chop to their Membership program "FIRST" (Due to Cow Chop needing funds for their move to LA; as of 1/15/2017). Cow Chop is also partake in the Let's Play Live Events as well as the Rooster Teeth Convention, RTX.
- BODY BAG BURIAL • AMAZON PRIME TIME ft. Geoff Ramsey
- DOOP FREESTYLE NIGHTMARE • WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE ft. Michael Jones
- Let's Play Live 2 in Los Angeles, CA (June 17th, 2016).
- Let's Play Live NYC 2016 with Cow Chop role-playing as Russians versus the United States (Achievement Hunter and Funhaus).
- AFK Anthony's - Cow Chop Fan Channel's YouTube Highlight Videos of "AH Talking About Cow Chop". This is referring to stories about Cow Chop from the guys at Achievement Hunter.
- Jon Risinger , host of Rooster Teeth's weekly competitive improvisation game show "On The Spot", responded to a fan's tweet of wanting James and Aleks as guests on the show. Risinger replied, "Aleks and & James are welcome on the show but only if Aleks still has his Rainforest Cafe mug we bought together at PAX South. Otherwise I'm never talking to him again" (Note from Mythic: High possible chance that Aleks did indeed throw away the cup lol).
- Cow Chop, as of 1/15/2017, officially announced their move to LA in California. Due to this, Cow Chop needs funds for the move. In order to achieve this goal, Cow Chop became apart of the Rooster Teeth Membership Program "FIRST" which gives subscribers EARLY-ACCESS to specific Cow Chop content. However, unlike all the other Rooster Teeth YouTube Partners attached to the "FIRST" Program, Cow Chop's intention is mostly for funding the move rather than releasing early videos (Though if they reach certain tiers in the amount of subscribers, Cow Chop will produce fan-craved content such as "Podcasts" over the course of 2017; It's based on how many people subscribe though).
OLLO is a high performance footwear manufacturing company specialized in designing athletic sneakers for the activities/sports, Parkour and Freerunning. Based on receiving a lot of popularity from the premier episode of WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE, OLLO tweeted out to James and Aleks sending them merchandise from their store.
- SNUG LOVE TUNNEL • WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE
- EDGING OLLOS • Behind the Cow Chop
- OLLO Instagram Post about Cow Chop.
- OLLO Twitter Post about Cow Chop.
YouPorn is an adult pornographic video service that is open to the public while also having available membership to frequent viewers. James always jokes about having YouPorn sponsor Cow Chop until they were contacted by a representative from the explicit-video website and produced a "Cow Chop YouChop" T-Shirt aesthetically designed in the style of the YouPorn business logo (With the caption in the description, "It's a much better website than Funhaus" mocking the Let's Play Family Rivalry of Achievement Hunter against Funhaus, since Cow Chop is normally associated/teamed with AH). Currently they upload any censored videos they had on YouTube and instead have them on the YouPorn website with the filters off. Katie from YouPorn actually is the one interacting with both Aleks and James, as well as Cow Chop, but also she is tied-in with another Rooster Teeth Former-Member: Ray Narvaez Jr. or "Brownman". Reference to his live panel at around 37:30 Mark from RTX 2016.
- WHITE GUY ORGASMS DURING VR PORN (Original Censored Version on YouTube: VR PORN • Virtual Reality Gameplay).
- FURRY FUCK FEST (Original Censored Version on YouTube: NUDE ROLEPLAYING FOR SEX • World of Warcraft).
- LIT AF PUSSY STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON (Original Censored Version on YouTube: FIRE IN THE PEE HOLE • AMAZON PRIME TIME).
- TEEN TITTY GAMESHOW (Original Censored Version on YouTube: ILLEGAL TRIVIA • The Guy Game).
- Tweets from YouPorn Katie as she is an avid fan of Cow Chop.
Dwayne, "The Rock", Johnson is an American actor, producer, and a professional wrestler. He is widely known due to gaining mainstream fame in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF/WWE) from the years of 1996 to 2004 as a major representative figure in the company's Attitude Era. Based on a challenge video that Cow Chop did centering on having Joe and Aron consumeThe Rock's daily amount of meals for his role in the move, "Hercules". From this video, The Rock tweeted out the video and to Cow Chop saying, "Watch @CowChop & buddies try and take down my 7 meals a day #HerculesDiet. "F*ck this challenge!" *quits". In a Behind the Cow Chop episode, 75,000 DOLLAR BACKPACK, James recorded a portion of the video in his house calling his mother due to her favorite wrestler being The Rock. James wanted to inform her of the recent Rock tweet out to Cow Chop, but was sadly annoyed by his mother's lack of excitement responded with "That's it? Oh mother, you suck". She instead would have been more excited if they met him in real life.
- THE ROCK DIET CHALLENGE video of Joe and Aron attempting to take eat all the meals based off of what The Rock listed down for the meals he ate filming for his movie, "Hercules". Brett cooked and produced the food while James gave commentary.
- 75,000 DOLLAR BACKPACK • Behind the Cow Chop (Video of James trying to receive an appropriate reaction from his mother because of the tweet from The Rock).
- The Rock's Tweet to Cow Chop regarding them trying to eat the meals listed for the "Hercules Diet". In the Twitter post, The Rock wrote the final words from a defeated Joe, "F*ck this challenge!".
Electronic Arts, or simply referred to as "EA", is an American-Based Video Game Manufacturing Company found in Redwood City, California. They currently develop and publish multiple game franchises such as FIFA, The Sims, Dead Space, Army of Two, and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. However they are mostly identified for their most popular gaming franchise, "The Battlefield Series". During the Fall of 2016, they released the highly-anticipated first-person shooter video game "Battlefield 1". From this, Achievement Hunter decided to use the multiplayer-system of the game to incorporate a "simulated war" for the Let's Play Families to fight one another. The event had been announced on the LetsPlay YouTube Channel on October 26th of 2016 and occurred on the 31st. The game was a single match consisting of all the Let's Play Channels that are apart of Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter, while also having two other YouTubers whom are not apart of the family join for both teams (Refer to NoahJ456 and LazarBeam YouTube Channels for selective information on their profiles).
EA did sponsor all channels participating in the video game team deathmatch leading to Cow Chop to produce a video on their perspectives while they played. They of course produced a live action opening crawl for the video representing each of their military role stereotypes and backstories for their character (Joe, Brett, James, Trevor, and Aleks). This is largely interesting to see the difference of Cow Chop when compared to the other Let's Play Family YouTube Channels (And the comedic effect they have over an audience while also being good at the game). The EA Sponsorship is listed in the first three seconds of their Battlefield 1 video.
- Battlefield 1 Let's Play World War Announcement (Announcement of the multiplayer match).
- WAR IS HELL • BATTLEFIELD 1 (Cow Chop perspective of the Let's Play Family World War).
- Let's Play - Battlefield 1 World War (Version of all the videos of both teams edited together).
Turtle Beach is an American Sound Card and Headset Manufacturer producing some of the best gaming microphone/headset systems for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4 video game consoles as well as PC's and Mac's (Also items for Mobile Devices). For the SUPER SAIYAN TRAGEDY video Cow Chop did for the video game Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Turtle Beach sent them headsets that James and Aleks used for their microphones in the video as well as incorporating them into the live action sketch by having them as their "main source of power".
- SUPER SAIYAN TRAGEDY • Dragonball Xenoverse 2(Turtle Beach is immediately listed as the main sponsor for the video while also James and Aleks showcase the headsets given to them throughout the gameplay and live action sketch).
Not necessarily a sponsor but more towards an endorsement is the PAX Gaming Convention held across the United States and Australia. During the first week of new activity on the Cow Chop Channel, a video was made for PAX EAST 2016 where Aleks, Joe, Aron, and Brett (In a Cow Chop Cow Outfit) walk around interviewing random people. In the Behind the Cow Chop episode shows features a PAX-Setup Rooster Teeth Booth area of Aleks and James playing a video game during the convention with an audience watching them and also listening to them do "Would you rather questions", have James crack jokes about Aleks not having parents, and make fun of Aron. During PAX West 2016 nearly 5 months later, Cow Chop again produced a video of them walking around the convention center interacting with fans and Aron is given a racist gag gift of "Wasabi Powder". They also had a signing for fans whom wanted an autograph and photo with the group.
- GO PAX CRINGE 2016 (Aleks hilariously interacting with random people during the Convention Expo. He mainly is trying to be outright idiotic but funny).
- PAX WEEKEND • Behind the Cow Chop (Footage of the Convention itself and what Cow Chop did and also their show at the Rooster Teeth Booth. Also showcasing Brett in the Cow Chop Cow Outfit and guys at Funhaus at a restaurant).
- Cow Chop stage show at PAX East 2016(Uploaded by user: Jamie on Vimeo, video shows the Cow Chop Stage Show at the Rooster Teeth Booth during PAX East 2016).
- PAX WEST • Behind the Cow Chop(Video made during PAX West 2016 and showing Cow Chop interact with their the fanbase and them screwing around at their hotel).
Sniper: Ghost warrior 3 is an Open-World First Person Shooter taking place during the time period of Modern-Day. Playing as the main protagonist Jonathan "Jon" North, the goal is to prevent another Cold War from Occurring. Cow Chop did a "Paid Promotion" (The opening title crawl/live action sequence displayed the Paid Promotion title/callout for the video) to endorse the game as well as produce a live action sketch of James in a Ghillie Suit taking out Asher and Aleks (While shooting Aleks multiple times for comedic effect). This is to represent the somewhat stealth tactics of the video game, but more specifically how they played it.
- STEALTH AND ACTION TACTICS • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (Aleks, Trevor, and James play the new Sniper: Ghost Warrior game before it's release on April 4th, 2017; Video was uploaded on February 2nd of 2017). Aleks as well promoted the OPEN BETA that the public can access and play during the time interval of Feb 3rd to the 5th by going to the website http://sniperghostwarrior3.com/beta/
MeUndies is a company that makes feel good underwear, loungewear, and apparel with free shipping and satisfaction, they sponsered Cow Chop in a CCTV episode.
- Cow Chop promoted them in UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (feat. Criken) • CCTV #10
- Promoted in GHOUL GANG HQ (feat. Jakob) • CCTV #18
- Promoted in CRUMBS & WHISKERS CAT CAFE • CCTV #20
Dollar Shave Club is a Company that produces high-quality razors/shaving equipment at an affordable price; however, they have been advertising their product on the recent Cow Chop videos allowing for a consistent ad-revenue stream to be sent to the YouTube Group. Cow Chop's partnership with the Shaving-Company came to fruition possibly due to being connected with Rooster Teeth and how they have had a endorsements and advertisements from Dollar Shave Club.
- The announcement of their partnership with Dollar Shave Club arose in CCTV; though, the company has been sponsoring most of their "Amazon Prime Time" videos such as: "WILD CHAMPAGNE BACHELORETTE PARTY" .
- Cow Chop has produced skits for the Shaving-Company and debuted one in, "SELFIE TOAST AND BUG POOP TEA".
- Dollar Shave Club might possibly be the main payment for Cow Chop's series on RT First - "CLASS OF 198X".
Raid World War ll is an action-packed four player cooperative shooter set during a time when the Nazi war machine was still going strong. Four prisoners of war are freed from a gestapo jail to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Cow Chop did a "Paid Promotion" (The opening title crawl/live action sequence displayed the Paid Promotion title/callout for the video) to endorse the game as well as produce a live action sketch of James, Aleks, Brett and Trevor trying to find who's the nazi.
- THWART THE ONSLAUGHT • RAID World War II Gameplay and FREE FIRE BETRAYAL • RAID World War II Gameplay, James, Aleks, Brett and Trevor play Raid: World War ll, videos lasted from Oct 2 to Oct 5.
Vincero Collective is a company that designs bold, luxury watches for today's modern gentlemen and deliver them at an accessible price., Aleks and Brett first did a bit while in a car in the middle of a video sponsoring them.
- Cow Chop did a skit for them in the HALLOWEEN SPECIAL 2017 • AMAZON PRIME TIME video.
- Promoted in FARID'S SECRET GARDEN (feat. Lindsey) • CCTV #17
- Promoted in HIPPY DIPPY MINIVAN • CCTV #21
- Promoted in CRUMBS & WHISKERS CAT CAFE • CCTV #20
Non -Sponsorships/Callout for Sponsorships.
These are the listings for companies/groups that Cow Chop tried to get a sponsor or were not sponsored for directly. These included:
- The Behemoth , the company that produced the beloved game "BattleBlock Theater" that Aleks and James adore, also created the game "Pit People" that Cow Chop did a playthrough on. In the first episode however, Aleks mentioned that they received an Early-Release Beta copy but did not have direct sponsorship from the video game company. Though Aleks and James said that they did have an "inside scoop" unlike others who also had an early copy of the game (Possibly due to their previous popular co-op playthrough of "BattleBlock Theater". Refer to the Reference and/or Easter Egg of James and Aleks in the Opening Title Screen of the Video Game). THOUGH, they did have a "shameless plug" implying they had a sponsorship with Behemoth prior to the games release. This occurred during the Cow Chop Stage Show at the Rooster Teeth Booth at PAX East 2016. James said they were "trying to sell this game" since "they were dirt poor".
- During the release of the MMORPG Video Game Movie based on Blizzard's "World of Warcraft", James and Aleks decided to "celebrate" the releaseby making a video. Aleks mentioned that people were being sponsored to make videos about the movie and MMO, but Cow Chop however was not sponsored. As said by Aleks, "We're not getting paid for this". This video was also shown at the First and Second Cow Chop Panel during RTX 2016.
- In the WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE series, Doop Skates were featured in the video and James did a green-screen callout asking the company to "Send us some Doops". They though, did not receive anything from the group.
- In the AMAZON PRIME TIME video, SELF-INFLICTED FIRE DAMAGE, James purchased Aleks the product Aeroshot Caffeine Energy, James than stated that the company should "This sh*t works fast, and it works anywhere. F*ck yeah, they should sponsor us." However, the company did not have any contact with Cow Chop whatsoever.
- In the AMAZON PRIME TIME video, BUBBLE BOY, James purchase Aleks the "Man Bucket". It basically is a product containing assorted items relating to Bacon. Aleks opened and went through the items inside the bucket while at the very end, James asked for a sponsorship saying, "I'm not going to argue with manbuckets.com but... if they want to send us more manbuckets, by all means. There's a lot of, I mean I don't want to assume again, but there's a lot of men that work here" (Of course James is referring that Cow Chop is majority male compared to both Anna and Aron). This is as of 12:14 PM, 12/3/2016 (5 minutes after the release of the video).
- In the WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE video, DISASTER OF HURRICANE HARVEY, James jokingly stated that it would be funny if they were sponsored by Jollibee (A Filipino-Based fast food corporation).
- Trevor according to the two Behind the Cow Chop videos, TRUMP & THE DIABOLICAL CONCOCTION and the SPICY FAN MAIL DISASTER, receives branded incense for usage in the house. In the recent Behind the Cow Chop (As of 3:37 PM, 12/4/2016), Trevor was sent a variety of different "flavors". The company that sent the product, Incense Zen, also included a letter with the product informing them that "We noticed that you have been using our incense quit a lot in your recent videos and wanted to supply you with a bit more! If you ever have a need for incense send us a message over at IncenseZen.com. We've also included a special scent for Trevor and Alex" (Aleks' name is spelled incorrectly here by the brand owners lol). Also in the photo is an image of Trevor smoking the incense. He also normally jokes about the incense being smoked like the medical/recreational drug, Marijuana.
- In the video TEAMWORK TENSION • Battleblock Theater, Aleks makes a reference to the Electronic Coffee Maker Company: Keurig, by saying that their products are "not hard" to use.
- Like all the products featured on the Cow Chop Show, Amazon Prime Time, some may either be purchased by the crew or possibly given to them for "product placement" (For example: The bluetooth guitar featured in the HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: PART ONE • AMAZON PRIME TIME video).
- Again, due to their partnership with Rooster Teeth, James and Aleks like to refer their fanbase/viewers to go to their merchandise store. Such examples can be seen in ALL of their video ending crawls/outros or be specifically mentioned like in the video HOW TO GET MERMAID POWERS • WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE.
- In COOPERATIVE NIGHTMARE • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Gameplay , James made a reference to Marvel's upcoming "Thor: Ragnarok" Movie but immediately mentioned that they were not sponsored/endorsed by them.
- Microsoft sent James a "Gears of War 4 Xbox One Limited Edition Console" to James. Though they are not a sponsor of Cow Chop.
- A fan produced an edited video of President Barack Obama sponsoring Cow Chop, however this video no longer exists.