Cow Chop is a channel created by James (UberHaxorNova) and Aleks (ImmortalHD) on the 29th of February, 2016. Their first upload, "FIRST VIDEO", was uploaded on the 1st of April. The channel's main topic is couch gaming co-op; though, they also produce sketches, vlogs, and various non-gaming series. 🐮🔪
The name Cow Chop is said to come from Couch Co-Op, Couch Op, Cou Op, Cow Chop. When asked "Why cows?" James responded with "Why not? It goes with the name." 
Cow Chop was originally thought to have been part of The Creatures , however, on April 28, 2016, James and Aleks announced on a Twitch live stream that they were leaving The Creatures along with Aron, Joe, and Trevor . They still remain a part of the Rooster Teeth Let's Play Family. 
The initial idea for Cow Chop was made back in 2014 according to James. While he was still with the Creatures, James hinted towards the creation of Cow Chop during James Hub 3.0  without Aleks' consent.
The Cow Chop House era
April 2016 - February 2017
After leaving the Creatures and the office building sometime in the second half of April 2016, James' rented a small house in Colorado as a filming location as well as headquarters for the newly founded group. From there on out the poor house would endure the most inhumane treatment imaginable, with food being thrown around on a regular basis. Along with which a wall would be hammered a hole into, fireworks among other things would threaten to nearly burn down the house on several occasions and the cellar would be covered in actual human feces. Plastic and smartphones would be burned in the kitchen and furniture thrown in the garden. But it was but a mere door and a military grade stink bomb prank that caused the Cunt to finally snap. Upon seeing this torture, the Cunt, an anonymous watcher, would send the videos in question to the superiors of the landlord of the Cow Chop house, who were not amused at all at the nearly total destruction the house almost came in touch with on multiple occasions. But in their eyes the destruction of that particular door was the breaking point. The company who owned the property forced the landlord to evict the Cow Chop crew from the house, even though they replaced the door with a better one and fixed all the damages they had done to the house almost immediately after them happening. Arguing this to no avail the Cow Chop crew had to leave, but left the door behind as a sign of good faith.
February 14th - February 18th
Following the eviction the crew had to make due with what they had: Their personal property. To be more precise, James' personal property. In the transitional period between the two eras videos were shot in James' house (much to his dismay), with Trevor literally living on the streets (not really, though). During this period they did what they do best and caused carnage, almost losing their eyesight when playing around with bleach.
The Barn era
February 2017 - April 2017
Somehow the Cow Chop crew got the wonderful idea to rent a barn as a makeshift place to continue to make videos while now planning to move to Los Angeles, where the rest of the Rooster Teeth Family was. What they had not calculated in was, however, that the barn was barely heated. They were also not able to properly set up any equipment, resulting in mainly Nintendo Switch based content.
The Warehouse era
April 2017 - Today
- Aron (2016 - 2017)
- Joe (2016 - 2017)
- Trevor (2016 - 2018)
- Jorel (2017 - 2017)
- Jacob (2017 - 2017)
- Anna (2016 - 2018)
- Michael Jones from Rooster Teeth/ Achievement Hunter
- Geoff Ramsey from Rooster Teeth/ Achievement Hunter
- Dexter Manning - YouTube Videomaker and old friend of the group.
- Sugar Pine 7 - LetsPlay family member and friends of Cow Chop.
- Funhaus - Due to the Cow Chop Crew already knowing most of the employees at Funhaus (They had all been formerly employed in the YouTube Gaming Network Channel, Machinima), the groups constantly do videos together mainly involving live action or competitive gaming.
- According to Aleks on Reddit during the AMA Dec 19 of 2016, SSoHPKC (or Seamus) will possibly be a guest on Cow Chop.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/euT8RjH0jpA?t=10m9s
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCreatures/comments/4e3li5/james_and_aleks_are_not_leaving_the_creatures_for/
- ↑ http://oddshot.tv/shot/cowchop-2016042820173726
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/roosterteeth/comments/4gwfre/lets_play_family_a_recap_on_the_drama_within_the/
- ↑ www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTNo1ZEZP7Y
- The main emoji for Cow Chop is 🐮🔪. They are commonly found on the Channel's "About" Section as well as in the Description for all of their videos. Fans also place that emoji symbol on videos that Cow Chop reacts to on the WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE.
- Aleks originally came up with the name "Cow Chop".
- According to the guys, the Adult Swim Television Series "The Eric Andre Show" was a major influence on the creation of their YouTube Channel.
- If things get too out of hand in a video and someone actually starts to get hurt, they have a safety word phrase being, "Please stop, I'm drowning". However according to Aron in a Behind the Cow Chop Video and James on their first Reddit AMA Questionnaire, they do not have a safe word.
- It normally takes 20 minutes to 2-3 hours to film a video and 1-3 days to edit a video according to Trevor on the First Cow Chop Reddit AMA Questionnaire.
- According to James, his plan for 2017 was for Cow Chop to move to Los Angeles, California due to them having more contacts there and being a better location for the YouTube Group, they managed to fulfill that plan and currently have a warehouse as their headquarters in LA.
- The rap beats done for the transitions in Cow Chop videos are done by oZealous.
- Even though the Cow Chop staff was originally not supposed to be in videos, according to James, they have since taken a regular presence in Cow Chop videos.
Quotes about Cow Chop
- "Cow Chop are freaks!" - Jeremy Dooley, My Brain Doesn't Work So Good No More - Off Topic #64
- "It's a hell of a crew..." - Michael, My Brain Doesn't Work So Good No More - Off Topic #64
- "They make us look like a f*cking joke... Oh yeah we're a bunch of p*ssies." - Michael and Geoff, My Brain Doesn't Work So Good No More - Off Topic #64